- Peng, S. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Partial identification and credible estimation for stochastic epidemics with missing data. Working Paper.
- Loh, W.W. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Nonparametric identification of causal intervention effects under contagion. Working Paper.
- Shirado, H., Forrest W. Crawford and Christakis, N.A. (2018) Network effects on the social response to experimental disasters. Working Paper.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Marx, F.M., Zelner, J. and Cohen, T. (2018) Estimating community and household forces of tuberculosis infection from a household-based study: a transmission modeling analysis. Working Paper.
- Orr, L., Shebl, F., Heimer, R., Khoshnood, K., Barbour, R., Khouri, D., et al. (2018) Violence and discrimination against men who have sex with men in Lebanon. Working Paper.
- Eck, D.J., Morozova, O. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Randomization for the direct effect of an infectious disease intervention in a clustered study population. Submitted.
- Cheng, S., Eck, D.J. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Estimating the size of a hidden finite set: asymptotic behavior of estimators. Submitted.
- Zeng, L., Li, J. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Estimating recruitment bias in respondent-driven sampling, with application to a network study of injection drug users in Hartford, CT. Submitted.
- Li, S., Forrest W. Crawford and Gerstein, M. (2018) SigLASSO: a LASSO approach jointly optimizing sampling likelihood and cancer mutation signatures. Submitted.
- Wu, J., Forrest W. Crawford, Kim, D.A., Stafford, D. and Christakis, N.A. (2018) Exposure, hazard, and survival analysis of diffusion on social networks. Statistics in Medicine, 37, 2561–2585.
(Received 2017 WNAR Outstanding Written Paper Award.)
- Liu, Y. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Estimating dose-specific cell division and apoptosis rates from chemo-sensitivity experiments. Scientific Reports, 8, 1–8.
- Gonsalves, G.S. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Dynamics of the HIV outbreak and response in Scott County, Indiana, 2011-2015: a modelling study. The Lancet HIV, In press.
- Morozova, O., Cohen, T. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Risk ratios for contagious outcomes. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 15, 20170696.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Ho, L.S. and Suchard, M.A. (2018) Computational methods for birth-death processes. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews Computational Statistics, 10, e1423.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Aronow, P.M., Zeng, L. and Li, J. (2018) Identification of homophily and preferential recruitment in respondent-driven sampling. American Journal of Epidemiology, 187, 153–160.
- Pachankis, J.E., Hatzenbuehler, M.L., Wang, K., Burton, C.L., Forrest W. Crawford, Phelan, J.C., et al. (2018) The Burden of Stigma on Health and Wellbeing: A Taxonomy of Concealment, Course, Disruptiveness, Aesthetics, Origin, and Peril across 93 Stigmas. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 44, 451–474.
- Ho, L.S., Xu, J., Forrest W. Crawford, Minin, V.N. and Suchard, M.A. (2018) Birth(death)/birth-death processes and their computable transition probabilities with biological applications. Journal of Mathematical Biology, 76, 911–944.
- Gonsalves, G.S., Forrest W. Crawford, Cleary, P.D., Kaplan, E.H. and Paltiel, A.D. (2018) An Adaptive Approach to Locating Mobile HIV Testing Services. Medical Decision Making, 38, 262–272.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Wu, J. and Heimer, R. (2018) Hidden population size estimation from respondent-driven sampling: a network approach. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 113, 755–766.
- Aronow, P.M., Forrest W. Crawford and Zubizarreta, J.R. (2018) Confidence intervals for linear unbiased estimators under constrained dependence. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 12, 2238–2252.
- Bazazi, A.R., Vijay, A., Forrest W. Crawford, Heimer, R., Kamarulzaman, A. and Altice, F.L. (2018) HIV testing and awareness of HIV status among people who inject drugs in Greater Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. AIDS Care, 30, 59–64.
- Ho, L.S., Forrest W. Crawford and Suchard, M.A. (2018) Direct likelihood-based inference for discretely observed stochastic compartmental models of infectious disease. Annals of Applied Statistics, 12, 1993–2021.
- Antillón, M., Warren, J.L., Forrest W. Crawford, Weinberger, D.M., Kürum̈ E, Pak, G.D., et al. (2017) The burden of typhoid fever in low- and middle-income countries: a meta-regression approach. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 11, e0005376.
- Wu, J., Forrest W. Crawford, Raag, M., Heimer, R. and Uusküla, A. (2017) Using data from respondent-driven sampling to estimate the number of people who inject drugs, with application to the Kohtla-Järve region of Estonia. PLoS One, 12, e0185711.
- Chen, L., Forrest W. Crawford and Karbasi, A. (2017) Submodular Variational Inference for Network Reconstruction. Proceedings of the Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI).
- Heimer, R., Barbour, R., Khoury, D., Forrest W. Crawford, Shebl, F., Aaraj, E., et al. (2017) HIV Risk, Prevalence, and Access to Care among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Lebanon. AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, 33, 1149–1154.
- Culbert, G.J., Forrest W. Crawford, Murni, A., Waluyo, A., Bazazi, A.R., Sahar, J., et al. (2017) Predictors of Mortality within Prison and after Release among Persons Living with HIV in Indonesia. Research and Reports in Tropical Medicine, 8, 25–35.
- Kunkel, A., Forrest W. Crawford, Shepherd, J. and Cohen, T. (2016) Benefits of continuous isoniazid preventive therapy may outweigh resistance risks in a declining TB/HIV co-epidemic. AIDS, 30.
- Chen, L., Karbasi, A. and Forrest W. Crawford (2016) Estimating the size of a large network and its communities from a random sample. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 29.
- Forrest W. Crawford (2016) Discussion of “Co-authorship and citation networks for statisticians” by Pengsheng Ji and Jiashun Jin. Annals of Applied Statistics, 10.
- Forrest W. Crawford (2016) The graphical structure of respondent-driven sampling. Sociological Methodology, 46, 187–211.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Stutz, T.C. and Lange, K. (2016) Coupling bounds for approximating birth-death processes by truncation. Statistics and Probability Letters, 109, 30–38.
- Aronow, P.M., Coppock, A., Forrest W. Crawford and Green, D.P. (2015) Combining list experiment and direct question estimates of sensitive behavior prevalence. Journal of Survey Statistics and Methodology, 3, 43–66.
- Pitzer, V., Bilcke, J., Heylen, E., Forrest W. Crawford, Van Ranst, M., Zeller, M., et al. (2015) Did Large-Scale Vaccination Drive Changes in the Circulating Rotavirus Population in Belgium? Scientific Reports, 5, 18585.
- Chen, L., Forrest W. Crawford and Karbasi, A. (2015) Seeing the Unseen Network: Inferring Hidden Social Ties from Respondent-Driven Sampling. Proceedings of The 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 28th Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Conference
- Bazazi, A.R., Forrest W. Crawford, Zelenev, A., Heimer, R., Kamarulzaman, A. and Altice, F.L. (2015) HIV prevalence among people who inject drugs in Malaysia: a respondent-driven sampling study in Greater Kuala Lumpur. AIDS & Behavior, 19, 2347–2357.
- Forrest W. Crawford (2015) Hidden network reconstruction from information diffusion. 18th International Conference on Information Fusion pp. 180–185.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Weiss, R.E. and Suchard, M.A. (2015) Sex, lies, and self-reported counts: Bayesian mixture models for longitudinal heaped count data via birth-death processes. Annals of Applied Statistics, 9, 572–596.
- Quintero, I., Keil, P., Jetz, W. and Forrest W. Crawford (2015) Historical Biogeography Using Species Geographical Ranges. Systematic Biology, 64, 1059–1073.
- Aronow, P.M. and Forrest W. Crawford (2015) Nonparametric identification for respondent-driven sampling. Statistics and Probability Letters, 106, 100–102.
- Forrest W. Crawford and Zelterman, D. (2015) Markov counting models for correlated binary responses. Biostatistics, 3, 427–440.
- Mulder, W.H. and Forrest W. Crawford (2015) On the distribution of interspecies correlation for Markov mutation models on Yule trees. Journal of Theoretical Biology , 364, 275–283.
- Braun, E.S., Forrest W. Crawford, Desai, M.M., Meek, J., Kirley, P.D., Miller, L., et al. (2015) Obesity not associated with severity among hospitalized adults with seasonal influenza virus infection. Infection, 1–7.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Minin, V.N. and Suchard, M.A. (2014) Estimation for General Birth-Death Processes. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 109, 730–747.
- Forrest W. Crawford and Suchard, M.A. (2013) Diversity, disparity, and evolutionary rate estimation for unresolved Yule trees. Systematic Biology, 62, 439–455.
- Pybus, O.G., Suchard, M.A., Lemey, P., Bernadin, F., Rambaut, A., Forrest W. Crawford, et al. (2012) Unifying the spatial epidemiology and evolution of emerging epidemics. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 109, 15066–15071.
- Forrest W. Crawford and Suchard, M.A. (2012) Transition probabilities for general birth-death processes with applications in ecology, genetics, and evolution. Journal of Mathematical Biology, 65, 553–580.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Khayal, I.S., McGue, C., Saraswathy, S., Pirzkall, A., Cha, S., et al. (2008) Relationship of pre-surgery metabolic and physiological MR imaging paramteters to survival for patients with untreated GBM. Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 91, 337–351.
- Saraswathy, S., Forrest W. Crawford, Lamborn, K.L., Pirzkall, A., Chang, S., Cha, S., et al. (2008) Evaluation of MR markers that predict survival in patients with newly diagnosed GBM prior to adjuvant therapy. Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 91, 69–81.
- Khayal, I.S., Forrest W. Crawford, Saraswathy, S., Lamborn, K.R., Chang, S.M., Cha, S., et al. (2008) Relationship between choline and apparent diffusion coefficient in patients with gliomas. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 27, 718–725.
- Crane, J.C., Forrest W. Crawford and Nelson, S.J. (2006) Grid enabled magnetic resonance scanners for near real-time medical image processing. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 66, 1524–1533.
- Cha, S., Tihan, T., Forrest W. Crawford, Fischbein, N.J., Chang, S., Bollen, A., et al. (2005) Differentiation of low-grade oligodendrogliomas from low-grade astrocytomas by using quantitative blood-volume measurements derived from dynamic susceptibility contrast-enhanced MR imaging. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 26, 266–273.
- Li, X., Vigneron, D.B., Cha, S., Graves, E.E., Forrest W. Crawford, Chang, S.M., et al. (2005) Relationship of MR-derived lactate, mobile lipids, and relative blood volume for gliomas in vivo. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 26, 760–769.