Forrest W. Crawford is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics, Operations, and Ecology & Evolutionary Biology at Yale University. He is affiliated with the Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, the Institute for Network Science, the Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Program, and the Public Health Modeling Concentration.
Research: mathematical and statistical problems related to discrete structures and stochastic processes in epidemiology, public health, biomedicine, and evolutionary science.
Methodological interests: networks and graphs, stochastic processes, semi-parametric inference, causal inference, computational statistics, optimization, and algorithms.
Practical applications: public health, infectious disease epidemiology, sociology, evolution and ecology, and genetics.
Job openings: Several postdoctoral fellowship and PhD student positions are available. Please send me your CV if you are interested.
Selected recent articles
- Eck, D.J., Morozova, O. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Randomization for the direct effect of an infectious disease intervention in a clustered study population. Submitted.
- Gonsalves, G.S. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Dynamics of the HIV outbreak and response in Scott County, Indiana, 2011-2015: a modelling study. The Lancet HIV, In press.
- Aronow, P.M., Forrest W. Crawford and Zubizarreta, J.R. (2018) Confidence intervals for linear unbiased estimators under constrained dependence. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 12, 2238–2252.
- Morozova, O., Cohen, T. and Forrest W. Crawford (2018) Risk ratios for contagious outcomes. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 15, 20170696.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Aronow, P.M., Zeng, L. and Li, J. (2018) Identification of homophily and preferential recruitment in respondent-driven sampling. American Journal of Epidemiology, 187, 153–160.
- Forrest W. Crawford, Wu, J. and Heimer, R. (2018) Hidden population size estimation from respondent-driven sampling: a network approach. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 113, 755–766.
- Forrest W. Crawford (2016) The graphical structure of respondent-driven sampling. Sociological Methodology, 46, 187–211.